First Vice Commander's Page - John Minnella
MEMBERSHIP TARGET DATES
Presidents Day 2/18/18 85%
Legion Birthday 3/14/18 90%
Children & Youth 4/11/18 95%
Armed Forces Day 5/9/18 100%
INVITATION TO DISTRICT 29
All District 29 Post Commanders, First Vice Commanders, Adjutants,
anyone who wants to help.
9:00 a.m., Saturday, February 17, 2018
at Orange Post 132 (143 S. Lemon St.)
The latest Membership Standings (as of 2/9/2018) for the Department have just been released. District 29 is currently in 6th place in the department. Our district membership goal standing is 79.56 percent of the 2018 goal. Our goal for district 29 this year is 8,558.
I know we can do better than this. This year, our district revitalization will be different. It will not spend 2-3 days on the telephone calling Post 1000 members, not yet anyway. We will be doing our revitazliation in phases. The first phase is easy. Everyone can do this. You don't need to be computer saavy. You don't need a cell phone. All you need is to come to Orange Post 132 ready to work. Interested?
To begin, we will need about 30-40 volunteers to spend the morning with us, about 4-5 hours. The more people we have, the faster it will take. The 4-5 hours will even include a short membership training presentation. Come see how easy this can be and learn what the other phases are. There will be coffee and donuts, too!!
New Membership Transmittal Process
- Click on the link above to open the Membership Transmittal Form.
- Enter the member's information in the labeled spaces. (Last name and Membership Number)
- Scroll to the bottom of the last page. Click Next. (You will see a summary of your transmittal)
- Click on the "Submit Form" button on the bottom right of the page.
- The form will is submitted and you will receive a confirmation email at the email address you entered on the form. The email will contain all the information you entered.
- The Online Payment Page will open after you have clicked on the "Submit Form" button.
- You may use PayPal or a Credit Card. The amount will be automatically calculated and is located on top of the page.
- You can print or save your receipt by "right clicking" on the mouse and selecting "save as" or "print."
- If you choose to pay by check, simply close the page.
- Package the cards in alphabetical order. Do not include a copy of the transmittal form. We only need the cards when you use this automated transmittal form.
- The cards will fit in a #11 envelope. Do Not Bend or Fold.
- If paying by check, enclose the check with the cards.
- Send only the two (2) part cards to the department. Do not include a copy of the transmittal form. We only need the cards if you use this automated form.
- Remember *Enclose your payment with the cards if you did not pay online.*
*** Your transmittal will be processed upon the arrival of your payment and cards. ***
VIEW INSTRUCTION VIDEO HERE
ABOUT MEMBERSHIP REPORTS
Membership reports are sent each Friday evening after the Fall DEC and ending in June when our database is reset. The reports end in June because the reset removes the goals formulas. We manually reset them after the July membership meeting in Indy and the new membership goals are set at our Fall DEC.
The Membership Transmittal Process:
- Membership cards are received at department
- The cards are manually verified against the names and numbers on the transmittal form
- The cards are separated
- The cards are packaged weekly and shipped to Indianapolis for their processing
- Friday morning National sends an electronic Zip file with the data processed the previous week
- The Zip file is downloaded, then uploaded to our server to updated the records
- The membership report is run and saved as a PDF.
- The PDF is sent to me and placed in the weekly email to the Membership Team, District Commanders, District 1st Vice Commanders, District Adjutants, Area Vice Commanders and DEC Officers.
- Cards received and processed at department = 3-5 days (depending on volume)
- Cards mailed transit time = 3-5 days
- Cards processed by National = 7-14 days
- National updates data = 1-2 days
- Total processing time before the member reflects on the weekly report 10-20 days
- NOTE: If a card is damaged or written on, it must be processed manually. It will be entered on the download until it is manually entered by National. Hence, it won't count until then.
Cut Off Dates and Target Dates:
- "Cut Off Dates" are the dates that trigger a delinquent notice being sent to the member if the member has not been transmitted. These are generated by National. Department has no influence or control over this process. It is automatic.
- "Target Dates" are end dates membership transmittals will be counted toward any of the goals for awards such as Early Bird.
- To meet "Target Dates" we frequently ship overnight at a large expense to help you hit the goals.
- Membership Dues are NOT being transmitted.
- Article V, Section 15, reads in part: Posts will pay the State and National per capita tax in full for the year out of the first (1st) money received from its Members on or before the tenth (10th) of the month following its receipt.
- Last Year nearly 100 members from California sent complaints to National because they paid their dues, had their cards, but they were not transmitted by their Post. Even after they contacted their Post. This must stop.
- To help solve this problem a complaint form has been developed and will be available on our website so members can report the problem. The reports will be forwarded to the District Commanders.
- Failures to transmit harms the Post, Department and National.
There have been recent changes to the way membership renewals and transfers are processed.
Please watch the video if you want to know more about membership and membership revitalzation program.
Post and district direct mail by Paul Brown